28.8.07

My finished lectern!


I'm so excited! My lectern (courtesy of New Renaissance Woodcraft) is finally done! It is made of purple heartwood (yes, it is naturally that color, and it gets darker over time!) with black leather panels. It also features a built-in compartment to store (and lock away) my grimoire when it's not in use! The lectern was roughly $300. If you'd like a lectern, I highly recommend New Renaissance Woodcraft. They will make your lectern completely customized to your needs. Just ask! I originally wanted to make the lectern out of ebony, but the price would have been over $1000 dollars for such a rare wood. But I am more than happy with the purple heartwood. When I receive it, and when I get settled in (after moving), I'll be sure to post pictures of the lectern in its resting place!

No comments: