26.7.07

What do you think?

Hey everyone! I don't know if anyone still checks up on here because it's been so long, but things have been so busy! I'll be moving home on Tuesday! Yay!
So anyway, I was desperately thinking of something to post, and an idea just came to me! What is your grimoire/book of shadows like? Do you keep a disc? Do you have an elaborate leather book? Did you buy it or make it? What inspired you to compile it? What sorts of things do you write about? Leave a comment and tell the world!
Oh, and I've updated my jetpack of links, which you can see from the link to the left.
Be back soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I create a unique ritual every time and don't have a standard liturgy. I keep this collection of rituals on my computer along with my growing reading list, tarot forecasts for the year, work that I've done on my astrology chart, words to songs and chants, some random notes, and a few interesting essays and articles I've collected from the web.

I've only recently acquired two blank journals that will become Books of Shadows. One is for the material that will be passed on to me when I initiate into the Georgian Tradition. The other one will be my personal BoS, but I'm not sure how I'm going to set it up yet.

Nefabit said...

Thanks for commenting! I agree with your method. To me, coming up with something on the spot makes the magick stronger because I'm feeling it in the here and now.
Good luck with your BOS! :)
Nefabit

CB said...

I have been studying Magick and things about it for a while now, and I have gotten to the point where I just can't keep it all in my head! SO... I decided to use this beautiful red and gold journal that has been sitting on my shelf waiting for a purpose.

It is a rather thin to be a full grimoire, but I have set aside so many pages for each section (i.e. Divination, potions, etc.). I am only just starting it!

I also have three Moleskien journals that look rather old. I am on the 2011-2012 one. It is the sister book to my grimoire.

I have only made my own recipes for potions, but when I do, I use a medieval herbs list, and write a recipe for whichever ailment I am trying to treat.

Thank you very much!