21.4.07

Ideas for my dedication ceremony

Well, with my supplies on the way I've been thinking about my dedication ceremony. I don't want a fluffy ritual found in any of my books, but rather I want to devise my own. Something special. I'm actually thinking of having two, one here to dedicate it to its new binding and to put my mark on it, and one to connect it with its home when we get back to Washington. Yes . . . I think that's a good idea. But I can't decide where I want to hold the first one. I don't want to take it out anywhere, like to Kaneana Cave of Kolekole Pass, which is where I do many of my workings, but I don't necessarily want to do it here. I also can't decide if I want other people present or not. It's an important event for me, so I'd like to share it, but then again, sharing a few "secrets" with my grimoire will give it a certain amount of power.
Well, enough about what I don't know. What I do know is that I want to sing a blessing (I'll supply the lyrics at the end of the post) and I want to mark it with my blood. I actually got the idea from Fiona Horne, in her book LA Witch. She and her coven purchased those diabetic thumb pricker thingies and stamped their thumb prints on the book in blood. Now I'm not usually one for blood (in fact, in five years I've not done any magick working involving blood), but this is a good idea. In fact, it's a great idea, because marking it with my blood will endow an extremely strong magickal connection between me and it. I also want to annoint the leather with my personal scented oil, which will also condition it quite nicely, not to mention make it smell good. So, in essence, the purpose of the first ceremony will be to connect the book to me, and the second one to connect the book to my home and land so it won't . . . you know, get up and walk away. :P No, not really. So that it will be grounded as well as in tune with the energies there, which will make it more powerful. Pretty cool stuff . . .
Anyway, enough of my ramblings. (here's the lyrics, by Gary Stalder)

Ancient time is reaching on
Ever turning like the sun
Secrets hidden shown to me
Voices ring that I may see
Time has come to start again
Washed clean by the falling rain
Gold and silver starlight sea
Wash your magic over me
Shadow figures in the light
Say that too loose is to find
Raise the veil of those who see
Show the mystery to me
And behind the dark and dole
Lies a treasure, shining gold
A lullaby here in the deep
Show the mystery to me

This song just screams magic to me. I love it, and I want to use it for my grimoire ceremony. If you think about the lyrics, you can see how it describes the journey a grimoire takes us on.

Meren heart,
Nefabit :3

No comments: